In today’s current clinical environment, it is helpful to understand echocardiographic assessment of Left Ventricular Assist Devices. Specifically, how to evaluate Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) complications using echocardiography and recognize the role of CT in evaluation of LVAD complications. There is a need to provide case review for better understanding of echocardiographic assessment of LVAD and how it can increase patient care images. This webinar will cover the role of both contrast echocardiography and CT in evaluation of LVAD.
- Understand when, why, and how to use Ultrasound Enhancing Agents (UEAs)
- Understand when to use UEAs in the imaging of patients with LVADs
- Discuss tips and tricks for sonographers in LVAD imaging
- Understand echocardiographic assessment of LVAD
- Evaluate LVAD complications using echocardiography
- Recognize the role of CT in evaluation of LVAD complications
This program has been designed for physicians with an interest in cardiac imaging (including,but not limited to, cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, cardiac, and vascular surgeons)
This CME activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Northwest Imaging Forums is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. NWIF designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit
commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: 7/15/2020 | Expires: 7/15/2021
Dinesh H. Jagasia, MD
- No Disclosures
Beth Hartzel, RDCS
- No Disclosures