There is a need to provide high quality and timely, clinically relevant cardiovascular education. In an effort to provide an overview of UEAs and the types of UEA available in the United States; we will review the historical safety data on UEAs. Discuss current approaches toward adverse reactions. Evaluate indications for UEA use and evidence base for efficacy in practice. This will provide Physicians and Sonographers with current information and data to make informed decisions in their clinical settings.
- Review the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of UEAs in the ED and ICU
- Understand the best practices for use of UEAs in echocardiography laboratories and the role of decision aides
- Review billing/coding for UEA use in echocardiography
This program has been designed for sonographers with an interest in cardiac imaging and other healthcare professionals involved in echocardiography.
This program has been submitted for approval of 0.75 SDMS CME Credit Category AE by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (SDMS).
Release Date: 6/19/2020 | Expires: 6/18/2021
Submitted for approval of 0.75 SDMS CME Credit Category AE
Jordan Strom, MD, MSc, FACC, FASE
- Philips Healthcare – Consultant
- Edwards Lifesciences – Grant Funding